A performance curve is a critical tool for understanding the behavior of your pump. Created in a controlled test environment, it provides a baseline for the ”as-new” condition of your equipment outside of the influences of its system.
Knowing how to read a performance curve and use this tool to its fullest potential will help you determine current equipment health and understand the risks of different operating loads. Looking for some tips on how to use your performance curve to its fullest potential? Fill out our form below to download a copy of our latest tip sheet.
Testing Services for Vertical, Horizontal, and Submersible Pumps
In our continuing commitment to the pump industry, Hydro has designed and built a state-of-the-art Test Lab dedicated to the needs and requirements of the pump aftermarket. The Test Lab, strategically located at Hydro’s Service Center in Chicago, services pump users throughout North America.
Key Features Include:
- Certified Hydraulic Institute (HI) test lab in compliance with HI testing standards, e.g. 14.6 and 40.6
- API 610 testing standards on applicable pumps, including variable speed testing
- Capable of testing horizontal, vertical, and submersible pumps
- Flow capacities up to 42,000 gpm
- Horsepower capacity of 5000 HP
- Multiple Variable Frequency Drives, including Siemens 5000 HP 2300-4160 V drive
- State-of-the-art data collection systems for hydraulic performance, vibration, temperature, power, etc.