for Vertical, Horizontal,
and Submersible Pumps
Key Features Include:
- Certified Hydraulic Institute (HI) test lab in compliance with HI testing standards, e.g. 14.6 and 40.6
- API 610 testing standards on applicable pumps, including variable speed testing
- Capable of testing horizontal, vertical, and submersible pumps
- Flow capacities up to 42,000 gpm
- Horsepower capacity of 5000 HP
- Multiple Variable Frequency Drives, including Siemens 5000 HP 2300-4160 V drive
- State-of-the-art data collection systems for hydraulic performance, vibration, temperature, power, etc.
Designed for the
The Test Lab is designed in compliance with Hydraulic Institute Standards and API 610. It’s capable of testing horizontal, vertical, and submersible pumps up to 5,000 HP. With pump testing at Hydro, Inc.’s Test Lab, customers can improve reliability, reduce unforeseen costs, and prevent pump failures.
The rising cost of electrical power has caused many industrial plants to shift their focus to energy efficiency. Plants often run pumping equipment continuously, and much research has pointed to opportunities for cost savings by optimizing pumping equipment.When evaluating the potential for energy savings, end users cannot consider a pump in isolation. The suitability of the pump for the system within which it operates is vital. Even the best designed and most efficient equipment offers power-saving potential if it is run off its best efficiency point (BEP) in a system for which it is ill-applied.
Setting New Standards
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) is a non-profit organization established to enhance the effective, efficient and economic use of pumps through the development of industry pump standards and educational tools for effective application, testing, installation, operation, maintenance, and performance optimization of pumps and pumping systems.
For more information on the Hydraulic Institute's Test Lab Approval Program (PTLAP), visit their website at pumps.org.
Remote Witness Testing
The Hydro Performance Test Lab is fully equipped to support remote witness testing.
For customers to feel assured of the quality of work being performed as promised, witness testing allows for a transparent and convenient opportunity.
Hydro offers customers the opportunity to witness any part of the job scope–not only performance tests, but setup and installation processes as well. This includes soft foot and pipe strain checks and machine train alignments.
- Meeting sessions through multiple platforms (Teams, Zoom, TurboMeeting, etc.)
- Screen sharing capabilities to show real-time hydraulic and vibration data
- Live video feed of the pump test arrangement from six (6) different camera angles
- Communication with the Test Engineer and other Hydro representatives
- Customers can include multiple team members in the remote witness test meeting sessions (managers, engineers, operators, etc.)